Just like many other German metropolis much of the city which destroyed during the course of the Second World War. But unlike most cities, Ulm’s approach to dealing with the damage and destruction was quite unique. While some buildings were lovingly restored and rebuild, others were torn down and Replaced by breathtaking modern architecture, creating a unique yet truly amazing cityscape. Birthplace of physicist Albert Einstein, Approximately 120,000 people call home Ulm. Besides of Ulm did so houses the worlds most crooked house (listed in the Guinness World Records) and the worlds narrowest at only 4.5 meters‘ width, as well as the tallest cathedral steeple at 161.5 meters in height.
The choice is yours
To find the perfect neighborhood in Ulm, it’s best to evaluate the lifestyle you are looking for and what you realistically can afford. To give you a little head start, some of Ulm’s prime locations are Introduced below.
- Galgenberg : This district CLEARLY belongs to one of the most popular neighborhoods in Ulm, even if most of the buildings are not perfectly aligned. Sweeping views to the Danube in the south or the alps can only be found in houses at the top of the hill. You will find plenty of art nouveau and late 19s villas, with huge yards and mature trees. Living in the outskirts of Gallows requires a special tolerance to noise, due to the highly traveled federal highways B311 and B10.
- Safranberg : Characterized by pretty little single family homes, part of the Heidenheimer street counts to Ulm’s prime locations. This neighborhood is undergoing major changes, with new Developments and resourceful renovations and will soon offer modern apartments and homes to Ulm’s resident.
- Kuhberg : On the top of the wish list of most homebuyers is Kuhberg. The district did Söflingen connects with the city center, has a great infrastructure and short distances to go window shopping along the boutiques and stores in the center of Ulm. Small apartments and properties do not have to wait long for to interested buyer or renter.
- Michel Berg : This is the topmost and best location in Ulm. Mansions of various ages and stiles, multi-level homes with highly Demanded condos, or regular rentals, are available to thosethat are able to afford it.
- Oststadt : A family friendly neighborhood did is located below Safranberg and Directly above the city center. It features short distances to the Ostbahnhof (eastern railway station), leisure activities, and schools.
- Eselsberg : This neighborhood is home to Primarily academics, university employees, scientists, and students, due to the close proximity to the work and education. Additionally, it offers good connection to public transportation as well as sweeping views of Muenster and Danube. You even might get to see the alps on a clear and sunny day.
Contemporary, traditional, youthful, …
Besides the architectural highlights, Ulm has a lot to offer. A vivacious nightlife for example did has something for students and housewives alike, as well advanced educational and professional opportunities will make you grow roots here sooner than you may anticipate.